This is a biotechnology company focused on muscle disease.
Various Territories in Western Europe
The MSL/Senior MSL will facilitate enrollment in company-sponsored studies and engage with clinical study sites, study personnel, Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), and other healthcare providers through scientific exchange and clinical support for investigational products.
The MSL/Senior MSL is a regional medical and scientific resource and works to pair the changing needs of healthcare professionals with available Company resources. The MSL/Senior MSL works under the guidance of the Medical Affairs managing Director and in close collaboration with the Clinical Operations and Clinical Development teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison between clinical investigators and internal stakeholders in support of company-sponsored research studies.
- Acts as liaison between external clinical investigators, Company internal colleagues, and CRO staff to assure timely follow-up of all communications and to be a resource for site support.
- Works closely with the Clinical Development and Clinical Operations team to understand protocol nuances and triage, as appropriate, any insights regarding recruitment barriers or protocol queries.
- Develops, maintains, and manages collaborations with regional and national KOLs, investigators, study staff (site staff and CRO staff), nurses, pharmacists, and office managers.
- Identify and build collaborations with KOLs for medical education and potential clinical research opportunities.
- Create awareness of the Company within the medical community.
- Assists in the development of strategic KOL plans to provide needs-based, value-added services.
- Provides relevant medical and scientific information and literature, within corporate guidelines, for healthcare provider education.
- Provides field-based medical and scientific support to answer unsolicited questions about the Company, investigational products, and associated disease states.
- Serves as a local medical and scientific resource for the medical community.
- Develops and demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of the Company, investigational products, and current medical and scientific research and publications in the disease state.
- Delivers high-quality educational presentations in a variety of settings and obtains feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization.
- Participates in therapeutic advisory groups or Steering Committees and internal project teams, as appropriate.
- Gathers and disseminates competitive intelligence from multiple sources.
- Attends regional conferences on the Company’s behalf to provide feedback on the current landscape, competitive landscape, and continued cultivation of relationships.
- Provides feedback on specific sites and regional trends/thoughts/paradigms to identify and/or inform potential protocol amendments, accrual barriers, patient/study subject identification.
- Establishes relationships with all identified KOLs in the territory; Supplements KOL list as appropriate.
- Completes accurate and timely administrative reports, projects, and other required documentation.
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Advanced scientific degree or equivalent required.
- Clinical experience within DMD is preferred; rare disease or neuromuscular disorders experience is considered.
- 1- 5 years experience in DMD specifically or at bare minimum experience in neuromuscular and/or rare disease.
- More than 3 years of experience as an MSL.
- Experience with study start-up and/or other clinical trial expertise.
- Experience with relationship building and expanding a company’s reach.
- Adaptability to changing landscape and ability to pivot quickly as new information becomes available.
- Must demonstrate the ability to liaise with CRO, Company Clin Ops, and Study Medical Monitor to provide site recommendations based on prior knowledge of territory/investigators/allied health; participate in SIVs.
- Able to leverage past relationships in neuromuscular disorders to ensure interest and commitment from sites/investigators for study enrollment and open communication re: feedback to the Company.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and occasionally on weekends.
To apply for this job please visit go.trinetpharma.com.